To setup Focus by TeenDrive your driver's iPhone backups must not be encrypted. Follow these steps to disable encrypted backups.
1. Make sure your driver's iPhone is turned on, plugged in to your computer, and unlocked.
2. Open iTunes on your computer.
3. Tap the small phone icon in the upper left corner of iTunes
4. Find the "Summary" section in iTunes. Uncheck the box that says "Encrypt iPhone Backups" and enter the encryption password. Note that this password is not necessarily the same as the iCloud or iTunes account password. You may need to ask your driver for this password.
5. After entering the password iTunes will make a new backup of the phone. Once the backup completes, return to the Focus by TeenDrive iPhone Setup Tool and click the button that says "I Completed the Steps Above".