If the iPhone Setup Tool is having trouble connecting to the driver's phone, please follow these steps to continue setup.
1. Quit iTunes and the Setup Tool on your computer.
2. Unplug the phone from your computer.
3. On the phone, open the Settings app. Select "General", then "Reset", then "Reset Location & Privacy". Enter your passcode and tap "Reset Settings". Don't worry, this won't delete any content from the phone.
4. Relaunch the Setup Tool on your computer and connect the phone to your computer when prompted.
5. Launch iTunes on your computer (it might launch automatically when you plug your phone in).
6. Wait for a pop-up to appear in iTunes that asks you to allow the computer to access the phone. Click "Continue" in the pop-up.
7. On your phone, tap "Trust" when prompted and enter the phone's passcode.
8. Wait for the phone to appear in iTunes.
9. Then, continue through the remaining Setup Tool steps.